Monday, October 19, 2009

thisiswhyyou'refat...

I'm sure we all know the website... features daily gastro-inventions which most commonly involve a combination of bacon/processed meat/cheese/chocolate/syrup/sauces/salt in some form of appropriated cholesterol binge.

I have a similar feature on this site, although the contributions are admittedly far tamer. I have moved on from my obsession with Woolworths Select Honeycomb Swirl biscuits (complete with yellow chunks!), however I do note they are on sale again for $1.98 at Woolworths Avalon for all those in need of a sugary study fix.

My latest obsession is one I gained whilst in Canada. Staying in wilderness retreats in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, our group developed the very civilized habit of wine, cheese, dips and Kokanee beer. From this, I have my own speciality: Baba Ganoush with sliced cucumber Oh my goodness, the combination of eggplant, tahini and lemon juice smeared on cucumber: its fat-tastic!


I highly recommend it... especially if you are seeking rapid weight gain, as I experienced whilst travelling, hurrah.

And now I leave you with a song...
It's an oldie but a goodie. Born Ruffians 'Hummingbird'. Think back to Skins, Season 2... the episode where Cassie runs away to New York and goes to the bar... LCD Soundsystem segues into a cameo appearance by the Ruffians boys playing this track. It's pretty awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment