Sunday, August 16, 2009

Napoleon Says...

... click these links for some Sunday evening/Monday morning cheer.

This is just the most amazing thing ever. I want to party with him.
Admittedly we have been a little inefficient in posting content of late. Blame it on the weather- 28 degree days in the middle of winter simply demand time spent in sunshine, enjoying picnics and cheeky sips of seasonally premature Pimms'.

Substantial, detailed posts requiring thought shall be posted in due course as means of procrastination from university demands, but in the meantime, some links which have made us smile this weekend.

1. The Model School-

An independent band from right here in Sydney, these guys are well worth checking out. With a lead singer whose voice at times perfectly channels Beck, I can attest these boys are fantastic. L and I caught them last night at the Excelsior Hotel and their mix of self-deprecation, conscious reference and pure musical delight is a fantastic combination.


Check their myspace and give lead track "Not My Town" a listen...

www.myspace.com/themodelschool

2. The Big Pink-

This band has an awesome name, which as you know tickles me pink (oohh, awesomely bad pun!). A London duo, the name is a little risque if your mind resides with mine (in the gutter). However in all honesty I'm going to take a stab and say it references the debut album of The Band rather than tawdry smut.

Anyhoo, their track Dominos has been getting a bit of play on jjj and it is truly infectious. Here's a youtube clicky. I couldn't be bothered to find an official one, so here's a dubious image of two men in a toilet, and some pubic hair for you to gaze at for a few minutes. Thank me later.










3. I'm not fat, I'm cool!

Check this article. It is so fantastic. In keeping with our weekly theme of hipster ridicule.

Interestingly enough, it appears this little trend may have permeated through to the Sydney scene somewhat? I spotted a number of potbellied indie elders on Saturday night.... I must say, I don't mind a little cushion. It sure beats a boyfriend with skinnier legs than you.

4. Hot, skinny, smoking 14 year olds.....
This is an oldie, but a goodie. I'm fairly certain everyone know knows about Lookbook. But if not, check it out. Catch a glimpse of the looks which shall be overly repeated on the indie, supre and every other form of Sydney style clone for summer. (Ok, I admit it. I'll be doing it too).

But make sure you have a tub of Connoisseur cookies and cream ice cream on hand to counter depression at the sight of fourteen year old girls strolling the streets of Stockholm, Paris or Copenhagen, cigarette in hand looking oh so fabulous.

But to dream.... and then pause and think "What kind of idiot gets gratification from spending all day posing in front of a camera and posting said photos of themselves to an internet site?"

I'll spend my days drinking Pimms' instead thanks
Over and out! I promise substance tomorrow. In the meantime, keep it foolish!

No comments:

Post a Comment